Just the other day, I bought a new bread. There is nothing special about it, except for the fact that gluten, wheat and milk are not included. As a food sensitive person I am always looking for new wholesome products. Of course you can visit doctors and nutritional professionals too, but they often don’t have enough time to take care of this topic like it should be. Affected people just try to live with the symptoms and feel helpless. They have digestive problems, skin issues, tiredness…
But there is a way out of this sensitivity and it is a tough one. It means discipline and waiver.
It starts when you begin to pay more attention to your body and test out what kind of food you tolerate. It’s more or less a try and error situation. Sometimes it can be tricky to visit a restaurant, have dinner with friends or simply find something eatable on the go. In other words, the big players of the food industry are not interested in this topic, although more and more people are affected by it. But despite all problems, there are also positive sides of a food sensitivity. Consequently you eat much healthier and pay more attention to yourself. In addition, it also helps you to hold and lose weight and your skin looks much better, because you eat healthy.
Here are some tips for food sensitive people to feel better immediately:
1. Drink daily a lot of water or tea.
2. Try out lactose free milk and products. Around 65% of the human loses the ability to digest lactose, when they are adults.
3. Cook your food at home and eat only fresh things.
4. Eat less ice cream, cake, pizza, cookies and fast food in general.
5. Eat smaller portions. Eat slow and chew enough. The chewing process is the first step to proper digestion.
6. Do sports as often as possible. In my case, it’s five days a week. It helps your digestion and make you stronger.
7. Eat less bread and try to find alternatives to wheat. Wheat allergies is one of the most common childhood food allergies.
8. Eat a lot for breakfast, less at noon and a little bit in the evening. That works good for me.
9. Use high quality olive oil to cook. It is better tolerated by food sensitive people.
10. Try to keep stress levels low, do things you love and keep anything that is upsetting you away. Inner satisfaction is the most important thing for a healthy life.
There are a lot of things you can do and try out. If you wish, I will continue to deepen the topic in future posts. My tips certainly don’t work for everyone. Every person is different and has to find his own way to feel better. Nevertheless, I hope I could help some of you with this blogpost. How about you? What experiences you’ve made with nutrition so far? Do you have allergies? I’m looking forward for your comments. Please check this link for further healthy living blogposts. xoxo Georgina Moreno